Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Minnesota Vikings' Brett Favre: Report of cracked rib was misunderstanding

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre said a report that he might have cracked a rib on the last play of his preseason debut Aug. 14 was a misunderstanding. During a production meeting on Saturday, Favre reportedly told ESPN's Monday Night Football crew that he suspected he had cracked a rib when Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Corey Mays drilled him, ESPN sideline reporter Michele Tafoya said. After the Vikings' 17-10 victory over the Houston Texans, Favre said Tafoya misunderstood him. "I said, 'If there was ever a time that I would have gotten a cracked rib or wanting to stay down on the turf, that was it,' " Favre said. "I have no idea (if it's cracked). But there's nothing you can do about it, first of all. "Really, I don't believe it is. It doesn't feel great, but I think I'll be fine." Favre said there were no X-rays. "Say there's a crack. There's nothing you can do about it," he said. "You can play with it." Vikings coach Brad Childress downplayed the possible injury. "He is fine, by my knowledge," Childress said. Just Favre looking for an excuse if things don't go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment